Book a Call with Kathy LeClair
If you'd like to learn more about any of these topics
and how they might factor into your retirement planning,
book a call with Kathy LeClair, Senior Vice President, today.
MasterClass Session 6
Presented by Mallory Vincent, CPA, MBA, Mason + Rich, P.A.
Year-End Tax Planning
Have you ever wondered if you’re paying more in taxes than necessary? Are you prepared to make smart financial decisions to reduce your tax liability and keep more of your hard-earned money? Watch our Year-End Tax Planning Masterclass when our guest speaker, Mallory Vincent, from Mason + Rich, P.A., explained how to take this planning step toward financial empowerment.
During this half-hour class, Mallory covered:
- Maximizing tax deductions and credits: Learn how to take full advantage of available deductions and credits to reduce your taxable income.
- Year-end planning checklist: Get a step-by-step guide to help you wrap up the year financially strong and tax-efficient.
- Recordkeeping and documentation: Understand the importance of maintaining proper records and documentation to support your tax filings and deductions.
Presented by Ledyard's Jeffrey Trombly, Senior Portfolio Manager
MasterClass Session 5
Medicare Planning with Confidence
Jeff helps you understand the basics of Medicare, enrollment options, coverage plans and tips for optimizing your benefits. He breaks down complex terms and explain them in plain language so that Medicare becomes clear and accessible. By the end of this workshop you will be better prepared to navigate Medicare and secure the coverage that suits your needs.
During this half-hour class, Jeff covered:
- Key differences between Original Medicare and Medicare Advantage.
- Insights into when and how to enroll in Medicare, avoiding potential penalties and coverage gaps.
- How to choose the right Medicare plan that aligns with your unique healthcare needs and budget.
- Medicare's cost structure, including premiums, deductibles and out-of-pocket expenses.
MasterClass Session 4
Presented by Ledyard's Grady George, Senior Financial Advisor
Charitable Giving: Leave an Impactful Legacy
and Rick Peck, Founder of The Philanthropy Guy
Grady and Rick discussed details that will help you navigate the world of philanthropy and empower you to make a meaningful impact. Whether you're new to charitable giving or looking to enhance your existing philanthropic efforts, this workshop is designed to guide you towards creating a legacy of generosity.
During this half-hour class, you will:
- Explore how to identify issues and causes you care about that are aligned with your values
- Discover effective strategies for charitable giving, including various giving vehicles such as charitable trusts and private foundations
- Find out how to maximize the impact of your giving
- Gain insight into evaluating and selecting nonprofit organizations
- Understand how to engage with the nonprofit community
MasterClass Session 3
Presented by Ledyard's Valerie Nevel, Senior Financial Advisor
Learn How to Make Settling an Estate Easier for Your Family
Valerie discusses steps you can take to make it easier for your family as they settle your estate and how you can empower them to navigate the settlement process with confidence.
During this half-hour class, you will:
- Learn the Pros and Cons of Probate
- Discover the difference between Probate and Non-Probate Assets
- Find out which type of asset titling might be best for you
- Understand who controls your assets upon your incapacity or death
- Explore the benefits of having a corporate trustee
MasterClass Session 2
Presented by Ledyard's Diane DeStefano, Senior Financial Advisor
What You Need to Know About Roth IRAs and Roth Conversions
and Karen Crump, Senior Portfolio Manager
Diane and Karen discuss what you need to know about Roth IRAs and Roth conversions, and if a Roth IRA is something you should consider for your retirement plan.
Watch this half-hour class, where Diane and Karen explain:
- How is a Roth IRA different from a Traditional IRA?
- What is the five year clock?
- What is a Roth conversion?
Presented by Tim Sumner, Ledyard's Senior Financial Consultant
MasterClass Session 1
Do you need long-term care insurance?
Tim Sumner discusses the different types of long-term care insurance available and if it’s something you should be considering.
Watch this half-hour session where Tim explains:
The material presented in these Masterclasses is not intended to be tax or legal advice but educational/informational only.
- Whether or not you need Long-Term Care Insurance and how it works.
- How to determine how much it costs and how much coverage you need.
- The potential tax benefits of Long-Term Care Insurance and how it can protect not only your health but your wealth, too.
- How to choose the best insurance provider and what to look out for.
- Find out if pre-existing conditions will impact your ability to get long-term care benefits.
- The various options of Long-Term Care Insurance and what to do if you have Long-Term Care Insurance but end up never needing it.